Graduation Eve: A guide on how to take it all in

Graduation is a bittersweet milestone. While it marks the beginning of a new journey, it also marks the end of a very important chapter. Whether you want to look back on your high school years, enjoy the last night before your transition into adulthood or prepare for your big day, here is a list of what to do the night before graduation.

Rewatch and reminisce

Whether or not you are a High School Musical or Disney fan, it is highly recommended to rewatch either of these beloved movie series or shows before graduation. Grab some of your favorite movie snacks and drinks with your friends and settle in on the couch for a fun night of reminiscing and possible tears. Beyond the HSM trilogy, here are some classic Disney episodes to get you ready: Austin and Ally S4 Ep 17, Boy Meets World S5 Ep 24, KC Undercover S3 Ep26, Wizards of Waverly Place S4 Ep17, Rebelde final episode, Hannah Montana S4 Ep12, Alexa and Katie S4 Ep8.

Decorate graduation caps

Decorating graduation caps is a fun tradition that allows students to show off all of their hard work. Whether you want to showcase what college will soon be your new home, or what other journey awaits you, decorating graduation caps adds a special, and personal, touch to an exciting milestone. Grab some glitter, some markers or paint, and get to personalizing your cap.

Grab a bite to eat at a nostalgic restaurant

Grabbing a bite to eat from your favorite take-out spot or sit-down restaurant is a great way to spend the night before graduation. Both of these activities not only allow you one last bite of that food as a WHS student, but both also encourage conversation and reflection. You can mull over your favorite memories and moments from your days at WHS and get a good meal at the same time.

Make a high school playlist

Making an playlist of your favorite songs from your time at WHS or songs that remind you of high school is a fun way to create a memory that you can later look back on. Add a photo of you and your friends for the playlist cover, share it with your friends and start creating. Here are some songs to get you started, but scan the QR code on this page to listen to the full playlist: “Tongue Tied” – GROUPLOVE, “Where’d all the time go?” – Dr. Dog and “Fifteen” – Taylor Swift.

Look through personal mementos

Even if you’re eager to graduate and start a new beginning, it’s important to be mindful of what got you there. High school has shaped each and every one of you graduating seniors; it’s shaped the person you expressed on your college applications and the person who already has so much to be proud of. Give your high school years the credit they deserve. Reminisce on the good or bad things that you have learned from. Look at photo albums, your old high school projects or even dive into your Google Drive and soak in past assignments. Remember, even if you don’t know it yet, there’s a reason these years are referred to as the “good old days.”