Upperclassmen give midterm advice

by Logan Schwartz
With midterms approaching, here are some study tips and words of inspiration from seniors.
DO Keep Your notes organized on your desk.                                                                                                                                         DON’T study and use your phone at the same time. You’ll get distracted

“The only thing standing between you and a good grade is the excuse you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” –Alex Fromm

“Plan ahead and create a study schedule.  That way you will not feel overwhelmed when it comes time to study.” –Olivia Windorf

“A balance between sleep and studying is much better than just studying.” -Will Chandler

“Try turning off your phone and removing all distractions when you really want to be productive.” –Helen Mizrach

“When studying, keeping your phone out of sight helps you stay on task.” –Sara McCutcheon

“Study a section, and then go do something else, like take a nap or go for a run.  When you come back to it, review what you studied before and move on.” –Jane Franks

“There are more important things to worry about than a [grade] letter.” –Jason Liu

“Make sure to take breaks every so often.  If you don’t give yourself time to rest, you’ll make yourself crazy.” –Hannah Goldring

“Make sure you eat a good breakfast.  I’d recommend a nice frittata before a hard test.” –Chris Romano

“Treat yourself to a spoonful of Nutella when you are finished studying a subject.” –Alex Rood

“Keep organized and try to make studying fun by eating your favorite candy when you get a question right.  This way you’ll want to study more.” –Sam Paoletti

“If one of your tests consists of multiple choice questions, definitely try to find some practice questions online to help you out.” –Chrissy Greismer

“Make sure you leave yourself enough time to study! Starting early is better than cramming a lot of information in the night before.” –Kelly Morrison

“I would form a study group with at most three people.  In the words of Mrs. Stark, ‘Five and over is a party.’ Also, make a study guide for each chapter of your class because rewriting your notes helps you remember.” –Dominique Vo

“Organize all your notes by subject and stay organized and calm.  You’ll get through! And if you have a particularly hard test that day, a movie on Netflix always helps!” –Rita Murphy