Meet the captains

By Melanie Snyder
Girls Swimming
Captains: Courtney Day and Amy West
“The whole team is very excited to compete this year and we are determined to take back our state title. Courtney and I want to focus on our depth as it will be a key asset throughout the season. We are excited to see how this season plays out and we can’t wait to see what the freshmen bring to the team.” –Amy West

Boys Swimming
Captains: John Lindros, Jack Rose and Kevin Clauss
“Kevin, John and I all have our sights set on having a great season. We have many great new swimmers coming out for the team who can really add extra strength, as well as returning swimmers with untapped potential. As a team we are looking to win our twenty-sixth state title and also take our rightful place as No. 1 in the state.” –Jack Rose

Girls Winter Track
Captains: Meghan O’Dwyer, Gabrielle Brennan and Natalie Marcotullio
“Almost all of the returning varsity members have been doing winter track since freshman year which will let us prove our experience and dedication to the sport. Head Coach Jennifer Buccino has decided to carefully pick out the meets that we will be entering in so that we will have more recovery time.” –Natalie Marcotullio

Boys Winter Track
Captains: Matt Russo, Bryan Jackler, Brian Johnson, Josh Capistrano and Will Chandler
“The boys have always had an amazing team dynamic that has given them the reputation that they still have today. This is due to their amazing coaching staff from Head Coach Martin to Head Coach Tafelski and recently retired Coach Perella.” –Matt Russo

Girls Basketball
Captains: Lillian Scott, Jacqueline Knapp and Jamie Miller
“The team is looking to pick up from where we left off last year. We had a great season last year and we want to do even better this year. We want to win a county championship and really make a run in the state tournament.” –Jacqueline Knapp

Boys Basketball
Captains: Danny Mitchell and Sean Elliott
“I honestly believe that we have the pieces to make a legitimate state championship run this year. We’re going to have to play hard and as a team if we have any chance of doing so. The team this year won’t have much size like we have had in the past but we are deep at the guard position and will definitely shock some teams who don’t think we can run with them.” –Danny Mitchell