Chorus performs

by Lauren D’Amico

The Spring Choral Concert was held May 20 at 7:30 p.m. in the Auditorium. Under the direction of Choral Director Mr. John Brzozowski, the choir aimed to provoke both laughter and tears from the audience.

Said Brzozowski: “The concert went very well overall. It is so much work leading up to the big night, but it is really worth hearing the quality of work that the students are capable of.”
The choir opened with a tribute to the Beatles song, “Across the Universe,” which included choreography. As the concert continued, the selection of songs included solos from each member of the Choraleers.
Performing next was the Mixed Choir, which sang “Festival Sanctus,” “Shoshone Love Song” and “River in Judea” with senior Fraser Weist and freshman Lucy Hale featured on the piano. An ensemble from Mixed Choir followed with “Dirait-on” with senior Kristin Hauge on piano.
The subsequent song, “Musica Donum Optimi”  was composed by Weist. Said senior Jack Venezia: “Both challenging and fun to perform, his piece blew the audience away. They even gave him a standing ovation.”
Closing the concert, the combined choirs sang “Baba Yetu.”
In addition to the performances, a farewell recognition of all graduating chorus members was included.
Said Choir President Catherine Bruno: “I’ve been a part of the choir department all four years, and because of that, I’ve made some amazing friends and met so many people that I wouldn’t have otherwise.”