What does your favorite holiday movie say about you?

by Katie Marino
​Some of us look forward to the holiday season for the snow, the hot chocolate and the presents. However for some of us, the holiday season would not be truly complete until we’ve watched our favorite holiday movie. Not only does this movie comment on our good taste, but it says a lot about our personalities and holiday spirits.
If you chose Elf: You clearly love to laugh and smiling is your favorite. It is simply your style to answer the phone saying, “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” You also eat your weight in the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. You’re also pretty awesome because you know Santa and can spot a fraud from a mile away. Your holiday motto: The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. You may also like: The Grinch, Gremlins, Four Christmases

If you chose A Christmas Story: All you want for Christmas or Chanukah is the Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two Hundred Shot Range Model Air Rifle. You get extremely annoyed when grown ups tell you that you’ll “shoot your eye out.” You live life with your future adult self narrating your every move. Your holiday motto: “Oh my god, I shot my eye out!” You may also like: Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Home Alone 3, Jack Frost, Deck the Halls

If you chose Eight Crazy Nights: Adam Sandler makes your holiday brighter and a lot funnier. You’re a prankster and tend to commit a lot of “technical fouls,” but you have a soft side, too. In the end, the things that matter most are your family and friends. Your holiday motto: “Instead of one day of presents, we get eight crazy nights!” You may also like: Bad Santa, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Fred Claus, A Rugrats Chanukah

If you chose The Year Without a Santa Claus:
Santa’s your man and you’d “have a blue Christmas” without him. You just can’t decide whether you’d rather spend Christmas drinking hot cocoa in front of a fire or relaxing on a beach, which gets you into trouble with the Meiser Brothers. Your holiday motto: “Some like it hot, but I like it really hot!” You may also like: Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, A Charlie Brown Christmas.

If you chose White Christmas: Just admit it: you’re classy at heart. You love to indulge in a classic story that warms your heart, but makes you laugh and cry at the same time. You are very caring and believe that one day your generosity will gain you the wings of an angel. More importantly, you aspire to be like George because for you, being selfless means a lot more than any present under the Christmas tree. Your holiday motto: No man is a failure who has friends. You may also like: Miracle on 34th Street, The Polar Express